Sunday, September 26, 2010

Success!


Well I made two pizzas tonight. the first was a moderate success and the second a total success. The first pizza was made with pesto sauce fresh mozzarella red and yellow peppers, creminni mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and red onion. The pesto was a walnut and Thai basil pesto and was delicious. the only down side to the pizza was that i cooked the pizza on indirect heat on the pizza stone. the pizza got done but the crust didn't crisp up. The second pizza i made with a classic red sauce, spicy salami, olives and several of the above veggies. This time i cooked it over more direct heat on the pizza stone and it crisped up nicely. A glass of sangiovese made it a perfect dish! I found the pizza dough  very easy to make. you just need to have a couple hours to spare as you need to let it rise a combined 2 hours. Now that I conquered my fear of making the dough we will be eating fresh homemade pizza a lot I think. The recipe I used it from Giada DeLaurintis, Giada at home and can be found on http://www.foodnetwork.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment