Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday 9-10-2010

Tonight's dinner was a success. Frittata al Basilico e Carciofi and Manzo Stacotto Alla Bolonese.  Atichoke- Basil Frittata and Beef Stew, Bologna Style.  I chose to serve the Frittata along with the Stew in place of bread. It worked well but the aded bread would have been nice to soak up the juices from the stew. The frittata was great as an addition to the meal but needed more as a stand alone dish. If I was to make again i would add some pancetta or ham to give it a little more substance, although the flavour was wonderful as a side dish. the Beef Stew had a wonderful flavour. I could have drank the juices by themselves. The stew called for a sweet red wine of which i chose a Local port produced by Jess Jones Winery. Wish i could take credit for the two recipes but both were from a cookbook called Betty Crocker Italian Cooking; Recipes by Antonio Cecconi. Give them a try. Both of the recipes I followed exactly except with the frittata I added a little extra Italian seasoning as it seemed like it needed a little kick. My Friend Fernando added to the meal with an appitizer of fresh Basil Wrapped Cheese Balls. mmmm! melt in your mouth! All three dishes included fresh basil from my garden. If you enjoy cooking you must have garden fresh herbs! Until next time! Salute'
Jon

1 comment: